Why the name Palestine? Many are surprised to learn that Palestine Lodge #189 was named after a small town in Texas. Our first Worshipful Master, John H. Inglehart, Sr., was elected in 1891. He was originally from Palestine, Texas and was a member of Palestine Lodge #31 in Palestine, Texas – thus the name of his home town was adopted during our founding and has since been an ever-present part of the community since the late 1800s. Interestingly some pronounce the lodge name as PAL-e-steen, in honor of that Texas Town.
We now serve the area of Catonsville & Ellicott City, Maryland.
Leave a Reply